Saturday, 21 January 2017

Healthy(ish) Flapjack Recipe

Hi everyone, todays post is a healthy(ish) flapjack recipe. I took a basic flapjack recipe and just altered it to be a tad healthier and it has turned out great. If you're not too fussed on the health aspect of this recipe, you could add chocolate chips too!



Ingredients;



3 cups of oats (I just used basic porridge oats)
1 cup of milk (I used soya milk)
1/2 cup of honey 
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of cashews
1/2 cup of pecans
1/4 cup of brown sugar
Little bit of desiccated coconut to go on top

Can I also just point out how adorable these cat measurement cups are!

1. First I preheated the oven to gas mark 5. 

2. I chopped up all the nuts and mixed all the ingredients together. I then put the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper and flattened the mixture out. I then sprinkled the desiccated coconut on the top.



3. I then put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes, but make sure you check them every now and then, because I did cook this in the oven at university and the oven is a bit dodgy compared to other ovens.

4. I then waited for it to cool and then cut it into 10 bars.




Hope you liked this recipe, and if you make them then please let me know or send me a picture of them on Instagram!

Jasmine x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh wow these look amazing!! I love Flapjack! Thanks for sharing!

    Sophie xx | www.snippetofsophie.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig